To request an application or more information, please see the Graduate Admissions home page or contact them by telephone at (877) 669-8872 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Download a paper application here.
Begin the online application here.
When submitting an application, a non-refundable $45.00 application fee is required. Once all supporting information has been received and the application is complete, the Graduate Clinical Psychology Admissions Committee will review each application. Finalists will be invited for an on-site or telephone interview. All applicants are evaluated without regard to race, gender, age, political affiliation, national origin or disabling conditions.
The admission packet contains detailed information on the following admission requirements:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. (Applicants from an institution accredited by the American Association of Bible Colleges will be evaluated on an individual basis.)
- Application and $45 Application Fee
- Three Reference Forms with accompanying Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcripts
- Statement of Purpose
- Statement of Faith
- Autobiographical Statement
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- GPA indicating an ability appropriate for graduate work (minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is preferred)
The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required for admission into the graduate program and is not considered in evaluating applications.
Required prerequisite courses:
- Psychopathology or Abnormal Psychology
- Developmental Psychology or Human Development
- Counseling Theories or Theories of Personality
- Introduction to Statistics*
Prerequisite courses for the Graduate Program in Clinical Psychology are selected to enable all students to enter with a similar foundational background and to have the best opportunity to succeed. Since information in the social sciences changes at a rapid pace, it is important for prerequisite courses to be based upon current knowledge. It is expected that all prerequisite courses have been completed within the last seven years with a grade of B or better.
* We recommend completing Introduction to Statistics prior to beginning the program. However, students may fulfill this requirement during their first year.
Applicants who are offered acceptance are asked to submit the following items within fifteen days of their acceptance date:
- Acknowledgement of Acceptance (form provided in acceptance packet) indicating your intent to enroll for graduate studies at Vanguard;
- $100 Enrollment Deposit (nonrefundable) which will be applied to your first semester’s tuition.